While a look at cryogenic equipment reveals a vast field of possibilities, there is at least one sure thing that can be asserted: the quality of cryogenic products is directly related to their safety and their efficiency.
Cryogenics is the area of study related to very low temperatures (colder than those achieved with conventional refrigeration equipment). This field is increasingly in the spotlight because of the growing demand for cryogenics across a number of industries. This translates into a growth of about 6.4% CAGR between the years 2020 and 2025 for cryogenic equipment, according to figures by PRNewsWire.
In such a context, choosing the right cryogenic supplier can make a huge difference in terms of the quality and reliance of cryogenic equipment. Keep reading to find out about key strategies to pick the right cryogenic manufacturer.
What is cryogenic equipment and what are its uses?
Cryogenic equipment refers to a specialized category of machinery designed to handle and operate in extremely low-temperature environments (typically at temperatures below -150 degrees Celsius or -238 degrees Fahrenheit).
Cryogenic equipment is used across various industries, where extremely cold temperatures are required. This includes:
- Medical industry, because of the importance of liquid oxygen systems in the medical and pharmaceutical industry as well as conservation and cryosurgery needs
- Transportation, including the automotive, aeronautics and space travel industry and the growing use of liquid hydrogen as an alternative to fossil fuels
- Food industry, thanks to the ability of cryogenic equipment to cool and freeze food products and the increasing importance of techniques such as modified atmosphere packaging (MAP).
- Green energy, supporting the transition to more sustainable energy sources.This includes Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) production and transport, cryogenic energy storage and Cryogenic hydrogen storage, among others.
Types of cryogenic equipment
Here are some of the most common pieces of cryogenic equipment:
- Cryogenic storage tanks: these insulated containers are designed to store and transport cryogenic liquids and can involve low-pressure, flat-bottom storage or pressurized storage.
- Cryogenic piping: in charge of transferring cryogenic substances, they include extremely sophisticated cryogenic equipment such as jacketed piping systems.
- Cryogenic valves: these specialized valves control the flow of cryogenic liquids and gasses while maintaining their low temperatures.
- Cryogenic freezer: in charge of generating and maintaining cryogenic temperatures for various applications.
- Cryogenic pumps: these are designed to transfer cryogenic liquids efficiently and safely.
- Cryogenic compressors: their roles is to increase the pressure of cryogenic gasses, enabling them to be stored or transported more efficiently.
Keep reading: Cryogenic vessel: types, components and particularities
Things to consider when choosing a cryogenic supplier
The choice of a cryogenic supplier is crucial for several important reasons, including the ability to prioritize safety in the design and manufacturing of products.
This choice can also make a difference in terms of economic costs, as a reputable cryogenic supplier will be able to provide cryogenic equipment that is well-engineered, durable, and less prone to breakdowns, which in turn minimizes costly downtime and maintenance.
All in all, here are some crucial aspects to consider when picking a cryogenic manufacturer:
- Can the cryogenic supplier provide proof of complying with national and international standards? These include ISO 9001 (international standard certification for efficient management systems), ISO 14001 (international standard certification for environmental management), ISO 45001 (occupational health and safety management systems), RINA (classification certification for quality and logistics management), Lloyd (maritime certification for ships and quality assurance) and DNV GL ( international certification for compliance of different companies).
- Are they able to supply the latest, high-quality cryogenic technology? Modern cryogenic equipment is more reliable, efficient and environmentally friendly, and the right cryogenic supplier should be able to provide it.
- Can they demonstrate expertise in cryogenic safety and provide personal safety kits?
- Do they have extensive experience as a cryogenic equipment supplier? A proven-track record to back up claims can make a difference in several complex procedures, including transportation solutions
Cryospain: extensive experience as a cryogenic manufacturer
At Cryospain, we’re committed to helping companies access the highest quality cryogenic equipment, ensuring the cryogenic products they acquire are the perfect fit for their project.
As such, we take care of the process as a whole (from design to manufacturing and delivering turnkey projects), so that each potential challenge or personalization opportunity can be addressed.
This attention to detail has turned our company into a leading cryogenic supplier where innovative technical cryogenic equipment meets high-quality service and decades-long expertise.
Our top-of-the-line cryogenic tanks and cryogenic piping initiatives are durable, versatile, and long-lasting and our operations are internationally certified. This is paired up our high-tech cryogenic engineering facilities and equipment and a reputable team of experts.
Looking for the right cryogenic equipment for your project? Look no further. Get in touch with us and speak with our team about how we can help you.